Sunday, January 4, 2015

It's Been Awhile .. Is Anyone Still Out There?

Well, it's been awhile since I updated my writing career here. Like everyone else trying to indulge a creative passion while managing a "Real Life," annoying inconveniences like work, home & car repairs and family issues have a way of sapping creative output. Yes, I'm still working on White Picket Jungle (short stories from the Chris Telamon universe) and Stalking Mule, the follow-up novel to Cat & Cat. Unfortunately, real world obstructions have left me with a rather nagging case of creative constipation over the last 8-10 weeks. When I have time, I have no energy; when I have inspiration, I have no time.

In retrospect, I find myself wondering how the heck I ever finished Cat & Cat with the same schedule and relentless distractions. With the new year, I've set some new goals. I will finish my current projects and once again be more of a presence here, as well as Facebook, Linked-In & Pinterest. Now let's see how long that lasts.

I did receive some good news towards the end of the year regarding Cat & Cat. Several local libraries - Avon Lake, Porter Public, Lakewood, Oberlin & the Cuyahoga County system - are in the process of adding Cat & Cat to their e-book collections. They've all told me the same thing, however. "Get printed copies." I guess there's still a significant portion of our population that needs paper and ink. That in mind, I have the investment earmarked for this year, and I'm currently pricing printers. By this time next year, I fully expect to have hard copies of Cat in addition to the e-book.

Speaking of e-books, one of my best Xmas presents this year was a free 90-day trial to Scribd. If you're not familiar with Scrbd, it's kind of like a Netflix for e-books. My novel, Cat & Cat, is a featured title there:https://www.scribd.com/book/221640413/Cat-Cat  So, if you're on or into Scribd, please take a look at my novel, as well as my Library and Collections:https://www.scribd.com/mark1kozak/collections . I'd love suggestions for other material I might like. Just a quick perusal will give you a pretty good idea what I'm into.

That's all for now.

MK

No comments:

Post a Comment